- Why Choose The Reliable Editor?
- Why do I need a freelance editor to review my work?
- What is the turnaround time, from when I submit my document to when I should expect to have it returned to me?
- I’m a student and I have a huge paper due soon. Can you help me?
- What types of document formats do you accept?
- What happens to my document after I have sent it to you?
- I don’t live in Canada. Can I still use your service?
Why Choose The Reliable Editor?
There are many different professional editing companies and websites out there. At The Reliable Editor, we believe that the proof is in the pudding, and that you deserve to have someone with extensive experience look over your compilation. After all, you’ve worked hard to produce a document that meets your communication needs, whether you’re writing a brochure for your customers, an essay for your professor or a novel for your readers.
At The Reliable Editor, we offer more than just a proofreading service. We provide a more substantial editing of your document, so that you are able to see how your work can improve and what you should change in the future. We also offer free advice and resources for visitors to our website, providing guidance to you even if you don’t want to use our services.
Why do I need a freelance editor to review my work?
The goal with most written work is to get your message across quickly and easily, without compromising on style. We understand how to structure material for corporate use and literary or educational publication, and how to increase its readability and usefulness.
We’ll tighten sentence structure, ensure consistency, and check all grammar, spelling, punctuation, references and heading levels, so as to make sure that your work stands out for all the right reasons.
Our services include any or all of the following:
- an independent, professional assessment of the document’s quality
its strengths and weaknesses in terms of content, style and structure
- in-depth help on restructuring where necessary, to ensure a logical and compelling order that will keep your audience reading
- guidance on content to make sure you’ve included everything you need to say, in the most useful and accessible way
- direction on tone, style and language for your intended market. Are you speaking to business peers or a particular market that you need to bring on board? We can ensure that your voice, and your writing, carries the kind of authority you need
- a rewrite of odd words, whole sentences, paragraphs or the entire report, if required
- a full check of all material to make sure it’s on-track for structure, content, language, grammar and factual accuracy; that there is a limited number of headings, styles and fonts; that all tables are correct and consistent; and that the final result is clean and professional.
We’re happy to accept anything from note form to roughly finished articles or reports; simply tell us your purpose and intended market, and we’ll produce the professional product you want.
The Reliable Editor places a great deal of emphasis on security and confidentiality. Your work is held in the strictest confidence and your name, personal details, or publications will never be divulged to third parties or used for on-line content.
What is the turnaround time, from when I submit my document to when I should expect to have it returned to me?
This is dependent not only on the type of document that you submit, but also on the document length and the type of edit required. Once the document has been received by The Reliable Editor, we will provide you with the date that you should expect to receive your revised copy.
We know how important your work is to you and how anxious you are to submit your work. You can count on us to return your edited text to you within 2 to 10 business days from the time we receive it. As you might expect, shorter pieces have shorter lead times and longer documents take longer to edit.
Length of Document:
|If your document is:
Less than 1,000 words
Less than 5,000 words
Less than 10,000 words
Over 10,000 words
|We return it within:
2 business days
5 business days
10 business days
turnaround time to be negotiated
I’m a student and I have a huge paper due soon. Can you help me?
Absolutely. At The Reliable Editor, we remember still being in school and we know how valuable it is to be able to get some help expressing your ideas, improving your writing, and taking care of those annoying but necessary details, such as style and citation format. You’re pressed for time, but so are your fellow classmates, so they can’t provide that all-important objective review of your work. That’s where we come in.
We understand that you want to be graded for your ideas, not your grammar and spelling. We get it. We don’t write essays and term papers, but we can edit, proofread, and style check these and other types of assignments so your mistakes don’t cost you the grades you deserve - and believe us, your work will be judged as much on what you say as HOW you say it.
In an essay, this final revision can make the difference between a B+ and an A+. In a business report or sales campaign, it can make the difference between profit and loss. Let us remove the rocks and pebbles to let your English flow smoothly.
Additionally, we aim to be able to help you 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year so don’t stress if you need our help quickly; we do our best to accommodate even the tightest deadline!
What types of document formats do you accept?
We prefer Microsoft Word documents, but we can accept other file formats such as Adobe PDF. We would then convert the file into a Word document so our editorial work can begin. We would then send your edited manuscript in Word format with the track-changes feature.
If you have created your manuscript using another format and would like to know if we can edit your manuscript using that format, please contact us.
What happens to my document after I have sent it to you?
Once we have received your file, we will quickly determine the exact number of words it contains and then send you an official quote with the turnaround time required to edit it. Upon receipt of your confirmation that our quote is acceptable, we will immediately start the editing process. When the editing process is complete, we will send you an invoice. Upon receipt of your payment, we will promptly send you your edited manuscript.
I don’t live in Canada. Can I still use your service?
Definitely. The Reliable Editor is a global company, with experience writing and editing for many different audiences located in many different countries. If you have a valid credit card, we can work with you.